I just got Samba up and running on my new RH7.2 box.  It configured it to
use encrypted passwords and everything so I don't have to do that WinX
registry hack to enable plain text passwords.

Anyway, samba requires you to have a smbpasswd file.  This is in addition to
the systems passwd file.  Now I have to update both when I add a user.  Does
anyone have any scripts for automating this that they would like to share?

Also, I don't imagine this will be the last service I setup on my machine
that will require its own passwd file.  What approaches do you recommend for
designing user administration scripts that update all the different passwd
files.  Basically, what are the do's and don'ts?

Thanks,
David