Keep in mind that the $30k+ they quoted you is their "list" price.  You can
usually work them and get it cheaper.  I know of several companies (I can't
say who) that have offered DS3's for around $9k a month.  But this is
usually because there is the promise of additional business in the future.

Also, you may want to look into Cogent.  They have 100Mbps fiber links for
$3k a month.  But, they don't have service in Minneapolis.  What some people
here have done is get a long haul OC-3 link to Chicago for $13k a month to
hook up with them.  $16k a month is CHEAP for 100Mbps link.  They also have
Gig links available for around $18k a month, but I don't know what the long
haul fiber would cost you for that speed.  But, you do get what you pay
for...  Cogent doesn't have a very redundant network right now, and the
number of hops to get anywhere else on the internet from their network seems
high.