I just got the latest CVS of XFree86 hoping it would fix a problem i have
been having but it seems to be configuration problem...

after i do a make install for xfree it installs properly and i can play UT
like a human being, but if for some reason after that i run ldconfig (like
when i install new software) ut crashes with
<SNIP>
Entering main loop.
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadRenderRequest
  Major opcode of failed request:  130 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_GLXRender)
  Serial number of failed request:  27
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.
Segmentation fault
</SNIP>

i have tried this several time and i can reproduce the error upon
demand, one way to get around this is to redo a make install for xfree,
not my idea of fun when everybody else around me is fragging away...

here are the contents of my ld.so.conf:
/usr/lib
/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/sane
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/qt2/lib

the system is a is RedHat Linux 7.1 using Linux 2.4.13+ext3

has anybody come across this before or have an idea of why this is
happening?

 -munir