Just as an update,

     There are 27 in all, as of right now, set to go out the door, I have
to say that I am extremely happy with mine, I am biased, mostly because a
lot of my best times adminnning have been SGIs, but honestly, IRIX is an
amazing OS, there are parts to it that you will find nowhere else, it does
some things so well, I am still in shock, even on my realtively "old" box
(keep in mind, these are RISC based chips running at 150Mhz that many years
ago, wow...I miss Alpha).  Another small tidbit, SGI tends to "tweak" it's
network interfaces on it's boxes, from what I understand, they set the
timeouts very low and do their best to get teh fastest interface they can
on a given box.  I used to have a Sparc5 and an SGI O2 to play with, I
would have one steal the other's ip once in a while, just to see what it
did to a network.  Without fail, the SGI was fine, he arp'd faster than the
Sun, and pretty much without fail, the Sun spit out a console message about
someone using his ip address, and a few times, he panic'd...  good humor on
a Friday....

                                   later,

                              mbutler