On Friday 09 November 2001 10:26, you wrote:
> On 9 Nov 2001, Paul Harris wrote:
> > I have acquired an internal card last used to link a friend's PC to his
> > cable modem.  It is made by DLink, has two green LEDs (labelled Link and
> > ACC I think), and a single RJ-45 (or whatever it's called) connector.
>
> You are the proud owner of a NIC. Congratulations, you should be
> InstallFest compliant.
>
> If possible, try to find out which chipset it uses. Then you'll know for
> sure whether it's supported.
>
> -Tim

Being a user of a Dlink card (DFE-530TX) to connect to my cable modem, that
card uses the VIA Rhine driver. If its an ISA 10Mb card there's a good chance
its an NE2000 compatible. Note about DLink ISA Cards- If your friend has any
diskettes that came with the card get them if you can. You'll want/need to
run the config program to determine I/O address and IRQ. Unless you want to
try ISAPNP if its setup that way. In any case most of the DLink cards are
generic enough to be supported by one of the drivers out there.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com