On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:52:09PM -0600, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> murray, any idea what these things cost when new? I'm thinking $30,000+; and
> I'm probably low by quite a bit...

I'm not sure, but I think you're high.  I'm pretty sure the Indy fully
loaded was around $10k.  I don't think the Indigo 2 was 3 times more
-- that would be an odd pricing structure!  (There are some period
product reviews somewhere on the web, but I don't have them in a handy
book mark file.)  Similarly targeted VAXstations (high end
graphics/engineering workstations) were also around $9 - 10k in '93 or
so.

I could be off, though.

--
I used to like HP before computers, and once I even liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.