Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 22:51, David Blevins wrote:
> >
> > Now the real fun begins!
>
> Yeah, you're screwed now. Eventually you'll spend all your time
> tinkering and tinkering. Installing software, removing it, learning how
> to employ new services, fooling around with encryption, setting up
> firewalls, filtering bridges, IPSec VPN's, cross-platform file serving,
> security auditing, shell programming and any of the billions of other
> things available to you now.
>
> Your life as you know it now is over! Welcome to the land of geek. You
> have been assimilated.

I already have the XDMCP service up and running so I can run XWin-32 from my
Win2k laptop.  It runs really slowly though.

Next:
- Get samba configured (never done that)
- Move my CVS repositories from the old Win2k machine to Linux (where they
should be!)
- Get the cvs pserver configured (did that once a year ago, don't rember how
though)
- Configure a firewall (never done that)
- Setup a gateway/router (never done that)
- Setup bind (tried once, no success)
- Virtual hosting with apache (pretty simple)
- Configure sendmail (no clue)
- Configure PostgreSQL

And, of course, I've already wasted half my day tinkering with themes and
window managers.  (As the Tick, or your favorite super hero in peril)
Must...focus..day...slipping..away....

A VPN sounds like fun, then I can give my friends accounts on my machine.
Why?  Because I can ;)

David

David