From: "Thomas Eibner" <thomas at stderr.net>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Aww yeah, new box

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 10:02:15AM -0600, jima wrote:
> > Maybe I'm missing some feature of the <blink>purple</blink> pci slots?
>
>  I had the same response once when someone told me the motherboard he
> bought was blue (as opposed to green).  He didn't get my line of
> questioning.  "WHAT IS THE TECHNICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE COLOR
> BLUE!?!?"  Seems like a pretty simple question to me. :)
>  I admit, it's interesting & cool because it's different (both the blue
> mobo & purple PCI slots), but it doesn't have much technical bearing.

Yeah, I guess it is a little cool, but I don't see why we have to hide
computers away in awfull cabinets like the ones we can get right now.
Why aren't there more translucent cabinets out there? Something to hang
on the wall would be even more geeky!

>  Just my one cent.  (Give me a break, I bankrupted myself buying computer
> stuff yesterday.)

So which one did you buy? Especially: does it have any nice colors!

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>