On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Thomas Eibner wrote:

> Yeah, I guess it is a little cool, but I don't see why we have to hide
> computers away in awfull cabinets like the ones we can get right now.
> Why aren't there more translucent cabinets out there? Something to hang
> on the wall would be even more geeky!

 That problem (and solution) did occur to me, yes.  Another possible
solution is to pop open your case at LAN parties.  I've known plenty of
people to do that, even if their components aren't particularly
fancy-looking.  (It was for some sort of cooling factor.  I hope.)

> So which one did you buy? Especially: does it have any nice colors!

 I bought a Soyo K7VTA-Pro with a Duron 800 processor from Tiger Direct,
and two sticks of 512mb SDRAM from buy.com.  Nothing too fancy, but it's
better than what that computer has now.
 I also won two auctions on eBay for a couple Sun toys: a type 5C
keyboard, and a quad-port SBUS ethernet card.  The keyboard arrived today,
and works great; I can finally use this Sun monitor on one of my
SparcStation LXs.  Say, is 128x54 text mode normal?
 The rest of the stuff ought to be here by Monday.  Should be some good
fun.

     Jima