On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Thomas Eibner wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:12:47PM -0600, Mark Browne wrote:
>  > Can you be more specific as to the colored slot statement?
>
> If it wasn't clear to you; I was just wondering why he mentions PURPLE
> pci slots, I'm sure the pci cards couldn't care less and it's certainly
> not something I would care about.
>
> Maybe I'm missing some feature of the <blink>purple</blink> pci slots?

 I had the same response once when someone told me the motherboard he
bought was blue (as opposed to green).  He didn't get my line of
questioning.  "WHAT IS THE TECHNICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE COLOR
BLUE!?!?"  Seems like a pretty simple question to me. :)
 I admit, it's interesting & cool because it's different (both the blue
mobo & purple PCI slots), but it doesn't have much technical bearing.
 Just my one cent.  (Give me a break, I bankrupted myself buying computer
stuff yesterday.)

     Jima