On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 08:33:08PM -0600, Jared Burns wrote:
> Hola.
>
> A little while back, I mentioned that Eclipse was "coming soon." In case
> anyone hasn't heard, IBM officially announced the donation of Eclipse to the
> open source community yesterday.
>
> <plug>
> Cruise on over to www.eclipse.org to download a build (stable or nightly).
> The SDK includes the Eclipse platform, Java IDE, integrated debugger, and CVS
> tooling among other things.
> </plug>

Man, it's COOL. I have tried all the IDEs out there and got back to vim.

But this is snappy and has a lot of sensible features. I have played also with
it's big brother (WSAD) and I saw it's capabilities.

When will IBM release the source code for it and under what license?

And b) Where the heck is the "project" definition stored? Only in that small
".classpath" file?

And c) What level of integration with ant is there? I read in the docs that
it can run ant build files. But can it generate ant build files and keep them
in sync with my whishes (project contents and dependencies)?

Big thanks,
florin

PS: Any java coders out there, check it out!

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4