Raymond Norton (ray at lctn.k12.mn.us) wrote:
    I am new to MySQL, so I am not sure what is available. I want to
    create db's that can be brought up via a web browser, so I can add
    information to them from any PC. What would I need in place to do
    this?

Spencer Butler wrote:
    MySQL and phpMyAdmin.
    Apache and Linux/BSD.
    That is all.

<TROLL>Use a REAL Relational Database, not some uncompliant, difficult
to manage, not fully written to UNIX Philosophy, hacker's wannabe
database.  Dump the MySQL for something that provides ACTUAL referential
integrity, triggers, multiple procedural languages,
better-than-row-level locking, replication, a fully mature client/server
library, a fully mature console client (psql blows mysql out of the
water, frankly), and true SQL92 compliance Use PostgreSQL!</TROLL>

If I never see another MySQL installation it'll be too soon.  Ah, shit,
I have to see one at work today...  #$!#$!#!%!

<TROLL REFERENCES>
1. http://www.postgresql.org

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD