Kent,

It might be _really_ nice to see a writeup of this setup,
a couple paragraphs describing the benefits, and a
limited cost/benefit analysis too (like Bob did for web
servers (I think)). You probably are a pretty busy guy
and don't have time to do this, but I have a feeling it
might provide an essential element of the cure for your
particular brand of "loneliness".

This is the kind of "ammo" anyone could use at a business
to say "Look, this is how they did it and they saved money
here and here, and they also got these benefits. How much
is XP gonna cost you again?". :-)

Have a great day,

Troy

>>> kent at structural-wood.com 11/06/01 07:23AM >>>
We've been running Linux desktops on X-Terminals (and PC's running as X-Terminals)
for quite a while.  We don't need help, but I wouldn't mind our operation being
used as a reference for others.  Primary benefits are cost, cost, cost,
stability, controllability, and security.  Did I mention cost?

I would love to see others use Linux on the office desktop.  It's a bit lonely out here...