Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom (chrome at real-time.com):
> > > Can
> > > anyone suggest some local Value Added Resellers (VARs) that work with
> > > linux in this capacity (LTSP)?  Is this the kind of thing Real-Time
> > > handles?  I'd like to be able to say "Here are three different companies
> > > that you can solicit for support on this."  Thanks.
>
> We have been successful with Linux as a server, but we are still looking for
> that one client to go linux on the desktop.
>
> As Carl said, call Dennis. I know we are offering 40hours of on-site consulting
> for free (ie myself, Nate or Carl will sit at your site for 1 week and be part
> of your helpdesk/support team). A greatly reduced hourly rate, etc...
>
> --
We've been running Linux desktops on X-Terminals (and PC's running as X-Terminals)
for quite a while.  We don't need help, but I wouldn't mind our operation being
used as a reference for others.  Primary benefits are cost, cost, cost,
stability, controllability, and security.  Did I mention cost?

I would love to see others use Linux on the office desktop.  It's a bit lonely out here...

Kent