On Friday 02 November 2001 11:26, you wrote:
<much snipped to save bandwidth>
> Of course, there is always the Indiana "you'uns" or the Michigan "yous
> guys" but generally upper Midwesterners prefer to say "you guys" instead of
> "y'all" (which, incidentally, is NOT singular as I was informed when I
> first moved to Kentucky)

On the topic of localization.
In New Jersey (or Joizy for those who live there) I think the pronunciation
is the same as Michigan but the spelling is always "youse guys".

I always associate y'all with people who live in States that 140 years ago
attempted to no longer be part of the USA and some that couldn't decide.
(i.e. Tennesee)

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com