This is my first attempt at networking with LInux.  Ok...I have clean install
of Mandrake 8.1 at work.  Our NT based LAN uses a DHCP server, and this
serves up the IP address to my Linux client just fine.  I can get out on the
internet through our gateway router.   However I cannot browse the network
since I cannot login to the PDC.  I know I must use SAMBA.  I checked my
installed packages and SAMBA client shows up.

Questions:
1.  I do not know exactly what changes I need to make in the smb.config file
to get access working.

2.  How do I get SAMB running or check to see if it's already running? TOPS?

Thanks for your help