I was able to get our USB HP scanner here at work to work with Win95
OSR Ver. C, but it definitely has some serious bugs.  For example,
whenever the scanner is plugged into the USB port, the computer
always hangs during shutdown or restart.  If I simply unplug the
scanner while the computer is hanging it will then complete its
shutdown/restart cycle.