-----Original Message-----
From:	James Spinti [SMTP:jspinti at dart.dartdist.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, October 30, 2001 8:20 AM
To:	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject:	RE: [TCLUG] old guy rants (was vi vs. emacs)

| Ahh.. The sound of a KSR33 Teletype machine-gunning text onto paper at
|100cps (ALL UPPER CASE OF COURSE...) The smell of freshly-punched
|oiled paper
|tape scrolling out onto the floor.
|
| That's at least two sensory outputs missing from modern computing  =:o)

Don't forget the boxes of punched cards that always seemed to have a typo
in
the middle of them.  Or, once you got the typo's fixed, you would
invariably
drop the box and some of them would get out of order  :(

But, the worst was standing in line waiting for your job to run, only to
get
that one page print out that said you had a syntax error on the first card
and nothing ran...ah yes, the "good old days" ;)

Minnesota
http://www.mn-linux.org
tclug-list at mn-linux.org