bob wrote:

> RedHat 6.1 server.   Running  as DNS server.      Named stops randomly.
>
> What is the best way to chk if named is running and to restart named if it
> is stopped?

I've been considering writing a script to do this... I figure you could
just take advantage of sysv init, go through /etc/init.d/, run each
script with 'status', if its running good, if its dead start it...

But Debian apparently doesn't implement 'status'. Blah. And seems to me,
the ultimate thing would be to run everything from init, since it
already has logic for keeping processes running, without flooding the
system with spawns...