Perhaps I should have clarified myself. I like what hailstorm is doing for
pushing SOAP and RPC in general into the teeming masses of devices. As a
corporate developer, this sort of thing just makes my life so much easier.
It's not as if I haven't had other ways to get stuff done this whole time,
this just happens to be a new way. So for all that, it's nifty stuff.

The other bit, and this is a biggie, is the control this gives to MS over
the whole protocol. Since MS holds all the authentication and related data
there's a huge gaping wide chasm between the raw MS implementation and
MS-less hailstorm. I'm likely to check out Sun's JXTA since I've actually
read more stuff on that and it seems less likely to be an analogue to
selling my soul to MS's data centers.

Essentially, I like the idea of a Megaco-less Hailstorm. I won't, however,
be using Hailstorm anytime soon given it's current dependancies. I just
think the issue is more complex than Hailstorm == Microsoft.Bad(). Unless
I'm missing something I'd probably really like a GNU (or even better, BSD)
licensed Hailstorm.

Josh Jore

___SIG___