On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:30:10PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> What is with all the negative press on linux lately?

MS is probably getting more nervous about Linux so they feel the need to
send out more FUD.  I don't know what crap he's trying to throw out by
saying, "Many in IT feel that Linux is the heir to Microsoft's 32-bit
Windows offerings..."  Does he think that when Intel finally gets out a
64-bit chip that Win64 is going to be the default and Linux won't have a
chance?  Given that Windows has the applications base, I think that
Linux and Windows will be starting from the same point when Itanium
ships.  It will all depend on which one stabilizes on the platform
first.  My money is on Linux.

> MS paying people for editorials?

IMNSHO, MS is paying people for entire magazines.  I used to read
PC/Computing until I got so sick of the MS worshiping I couldn't even
look at the cover anymore.

Nate