Hello,

Now here's my suggestion...

On Wed, 30 May 2001 02:37:10 -0500 (CDT)
bdunnette at visi.com wrote:

> Hey all...
> Been trying to install Debian on a system I pieced together from an old
> Zeos (remember them?) case, a 3 gig Quantum HD, and the aforementioned
> K6/VA-503+/64meg DIMM, which I bought recently from Gen'l Nano.  Problem
is, I get part way through the installation (the exact
> point varies) and then the installer segfaults.

Enter the BIOS setup and disable the External Cache, see if that fixes it.
Also, fwiw, I've never been able to overclock a K6 cpu either on a FIC
VA-503 or a Tyan S1590S.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-