[Disclaimer: I only scanned part of this article but I'm going to comment
anyway. :) ]

I would suggest this is unlikely. As the statistics show, even though the US
is currently the leader in 'net access its will most likely lose that
distinction to China RSN.  Already some of the stats say that less than 50%
of 'net users speak English as a first language.

We know that the monolithic nature of the US computer market is more the
exception than the rule.  Its quite possible that Microsoft will provide
additional ease of use for its customers. But in some countries it will
become an act of "patriotic nationalism" to not use MS software (or only
pirated copies ;-) so that money isn't flowing to the US.

My .02 (early in the morning.)
Jack