On Mon, 28 May 2001, Mike wrote:

> I am trying to get SNMP running on Coyote Linux(1.28) so that I can monitor
> traffic with MRTG, but I am having some trouble with it. I have the snmp.lrp
> package added to my boot disk, but I have no idea how to configue the snmpd
> daemon, or how to start it.
>
> I have searched deja and the Coyote Web Forum and all I really found was
> that a few people have put everything together and have it working - but I
> couldn't find any more detail than that.
>
> Has anyone messed with this? If so, I would appreciate a little help with it.

I haven't messed with the snmp.lrp package, but I have been playing with
CL 1.28 lately.  I think as far as starting the daemon goes, you'll just
want to put in in the startup scripts.  There's even a menu choice, I
think System config, and one of the submenus is a good place to add misc
start up commands.

Sorry if that's not specific enough -- my box is down for a minute while I
muck with some hardware config.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous