Quoting Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com):
> Well, I've been playing with Postgresql and PHP, and am starting to
> think myself a god.

Bless me please!  :-P

> I could come up with something massively overcomplex
> and overdesigned given some encouragement and a few weeks time...
> Hmmm...

Let me stand on my soap box (no not SOAP) for a couple paragraphs.

At Real Time I encourage people to work on things they enjoy and contribute
whatever they wish back to the community, BUT I always ask them to think about
how their project could be used by another company or how we could turn it into
something that can generate revenue (via support, installation, configuration,
etc.)

So, let me say this.

How could this be used by another company?

I've consulted at many company's that have computer graveyards, so there might be
a "market" for this sort of thing.

Is php the write language of implementation? I hate web-scripting languages (not
a flame or flame-bait). Most because of the mixing of presentation (html) with
business logic (the code). Make for a messy project that is hard to maintain and
even HARDER for non-technical people to update the look-n-feel.

I'm a champion of java and Enhydra, which is something I highly recommend people
look at for web development.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500