On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:50:45AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 09:43:11AM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> > I did not say _I_ have the brain|computing power to do it.
> >
> > I said it can be done, given enough resources...
> >
> > It was not meant as a challenge. Sorry...
>
> I didn't take it as one, really, but it seemed the best way of getting the
> point across that, although it's technically and theoretically possible to
> crack a strong password under strong crypto, it's a practical impossibility
> given the current technology.

Well, whomever takes the risks to get near your box supposedly knows what
to do with it 8-).

And the thought about only NSA/CIA/whatever having the computing power
required to crack <...> sparked the idea that _maybe_ they don't have
it but they are smart enough to make us to "contribute" our spare cycles.

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"