Given the capabilities of LILO, you can probably fit eight OSes on a
single drive. The idea is transfer control directly to the applicable
partition. I assume you're not doing other things like disklabels which I
don't understand yet (hello BSD!)

You may have to perform some magic to convince each OS to put itself in
some locations. MS* would probably be a really big bear to convince to
install to a logical partition. Specifically you'd probably designate that
location on disk as primary, install your OS, remap that space to a
logical drive and then use lilo in your MBR. It's certainly not for the
faint of heart since I don't know that the existing partitioning tools
would help you do that sort of heresy. There are plenty of docs on the
internet that describe your partition table format so you could go edit it
yourself to get this result.

All in all probably more work that it is worth but certainly achievable.

Josh

___SIG___