On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 07:01:13PM -0700, Munir Nassar wrote:
> anyone still keeping count of how many ways linux
> beats Win2Krap? well here is one more:
>
> there is a linux bootdisk that has NTFS support and
> you can use this floppy to "recover" windows
> 2000/NT4/NT3.51 Administrator passwords... talk about
> sloppy security!

Not to nitpick too much here but with a boot/root linux disk I can do that too
with your Linux box.

When you are close enough to a computer that you can stick a floppy into, then
"security" means other things.

It's one thing to "root" a box over the net. If you can press ctrl-alt-del it's
no problem. (go single mode, boot from floppy, take the hdd in your pocket,
DOS the box with a sledgehammer... take your pick).

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"