Actually, I seem to recall that dos and win9x/me all want exactly one
primary partition with everything else in one to four logical partitions
in an extended partition. I've never actually had a problem with two or
more primary partitions but there is a MS KB article citing possible data
loss. I've alwaysb assumed that there is a rarely used part of windows
that will do something spectacular if it finds the extra primary
partitions. Of course, this only applies to (V)FAT. Primary partitions of
other types are invisible as always.

Josh

___SIG___