From: Andy Zbikowski [mailto:administrator at ltiflex.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 12:11 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Dual Head Video

> What are your recommendations for a dual head video card

Nvidia's TwinView cards are really nifty. OpenGL on both heads, under Linux.
Yummy. Go with one of these if 3D acceleration is your primiary concern.
(the 1.0 drivers are great, but how long do you suppose they spent coding
them so they would display a nvidia background instead of the standard
black, white, and grey hash? It would be nifty if they could get them to the
point where it doesn't show that has at all, it can be hard on the eyes. :)

If 3D isn't as big of a consern, Matrox 2D rules, and 3D is ok. I gave up on
my G200 some time ago because the OpenGL drivers just weren't ready for
primetime, but for non-gaming, it was great. If you're doing alot of desktop
publishing, photo editing, etc, go Matrox.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132