I like PriceWatch a lot, but there are a few more place you should check out.
like  http://shopper.cnet.com/ and
http://shopping.yahoo.com/stores/computers/
C|Net is nice because you can get ratings on the stores you buy from.

An on-line store that I have had good success from is http://www.mwave.com/

If you do not mind used hardware, you should check out Materials Processing.
http://www.MaterialsProcessing.com/sspage.htm
They have some really good deals.

You can always ask people on this list if they have something to part with,
that you would want. Please keep your discussions off the mailing list because
most people will not care if Joe Bob is going to sell you his Matrox G450 for
$50.

Do not forget to check out the Linux Hardware DataDase
http://lhd.datapower.com/
and
http://www.linux.org/hardware/index.html

I am not nocking the local stores, but if you buy name brand products - they
will just work, and you will not have to worry about the warranty.

You should also speck out a system from Dell, Gateway, or one of the other Big
players. Expecially if you plan to dual boot, because you can get some really
good software packages from them.

IMHO,
-Steve