On Wed, 23 May 2001, Florin Iucha wrote:

> Whatever happens don't panic and don't reboot :)

Yeah I know, not HTML4, but it'll do. :)

Last time I tried directly mounting an iso it didn't work. After
consulting the documentation, I found what was the correct proccess. This
was some time ago, but the kernel documentation still says you need to
follow this procedure.

So, my question is is the kernel documentation (2.4.4) out of date or has
mount been updated to handle the losetup step for you? I imagine issuing
mount while the image was mounted using Brian's method would reveal the
answer. ;)

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   His power apparently lies in his ability to  |
|           choose incompetent enemies.          |
|    - Crow T. Robot, MST3K, "Prince of Space"   |