Brian,

What you did when you:

  $ mount redhat.iso ./ -o loop

was mount the loopback accessing the redhat.iso file on the _current_ directory, thus hiding _everything_ in the current directory, including the redhat.iso file. Don't do that. :-)  Make a directory and mount the file via loopback on that.

   $ mkdir rhcd
   $ mount redhat.iso ./rhcd -o loop

What florin said was to hand "umount" that directory mount name as an argument (not the redhat.iso file name, which is hidden), and that might make things right again.

   $ cd /directory/of/mounted/loopback/iso/..
   $ umount /directory/of/mounted/loopback/iso/

If it does not, then rebooting is probably the least problematic way of accomplishing that task.

Good luck to you,

Troy

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Florin Iucha wrote:

> Unmount by mountpoint.
>
> cd ..
> umount <whatever>

yes, but since the ISO is nowhere to be found, I can't just umount
redhat.iso, I need to point umount to the actual file, which can't be
found.

I was going to try Jay's suggestion (the logical one) but I wanted to see
if there was a more creative way of doing this one.

-Brian