At 04:17 PM 5/22/01, Troy wrote:
>I think that was why they started blackhole-ing their competition. The
>market was a little too open.
>
>But, since they started getting a little more up-itty (Macromedia) and
>started charging for once free services, they might not stay on top of
>their game for long. I suppose it might depend on how much they're
>charging: subsistance money vs. "getting fat off of Bob's hard (but free)
>labor" money. How much is it?

The direct queries are still available without charge. The pricing for zone
transfer subscriptions are published at
http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/pricing.html

Also of note:
" Educational institutions, non-profits, and members of selected ISP trade
associations may (at our sole discretion) be eligible for discounts; please
contact us with a proposal. "

(Yeah, I work for MAPS. No I'm not going to debate MAPS policies here.)