On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 03:55:54PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Did I miss something?
>
> I swear mail-abuse.org use to allow free zone transfers of
> blackholes.mail-abuse.org, relays.mail-abuse.org and dialups.mail-abuse.org.
>
> But now they are charging for it.
>
> Did I miss the change?

I know they've been charging since _at least_ last fall (maybe even last
summer).

> I feel like the whole CDDB thing. I have sent in thousands of open relays and
> now they want to charge ME for the work.

Well, you're still free to query their DBs.  If they don't charge for zone
tranfers, what would they charge for?  Without money, they wouldn't exist.
And now that so many people seem to hate Paul Vixie, no one would just
_give_ them money :)

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,	       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"No sir, I don't like it!"	- Mr. Horse in "Fire Dogs"