On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 12:40:20PM -0500, jethro at yaron.org wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> Quoting jspinti at dart.dartdist.com:
>
> > How can I set up
> > each user's environment so that they would default to a
> > different X session from anyone else?
>
> Depends on how X is getting started. If they're just going "startx", just
> change each user's .xinitrc to do whatever that user wants.

Or if you use and xdm clone ([wgk]dm), the login screen usually
allows you to pick a window manager.  And usually one of those
choices is to use the same session as last time they logged in.
I don't think vanilla xdm has these options, but I think all
of its clones do.  Also, depending on the window manager, you
may be able to save your session automatically when you logout.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |