It's a WinModem. You're over the falls allready so it doesn't really
matter that you don't have a paddle.

That said, most of the winmodems supported have lucent chipsets. IBM
kicked lucent around and forced them to make them work under linux. But
just because it works, doesn't mean it will work better than under
windows. It's still a POS software modem, and the Lucent & Rockwell based
modems are the worst of the lot. (Based on my ISP tech support
experience.)

As far as I know 3com winmodems are still a no go under linux. I could be
wrong as I don't care about software modems, there is no reason for them
to exisit other than to annoy me, I have 3 nice 3com/USR modems, and none
of them are in my machine due to a lack of ISA slots.

Go out, buy a real modem. Not some USB hack, not some stupid winmodem.
I've been out of ISP support for about a year now and I still don't want
to hear about winmodems or the problems that come with them.

No, I don't have an opinion about these things. Not at all.

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|   His power apparently lies in his ability to  |
|           choose incompetent enemies.          |
|    - Crow T. Robot, MST3K, "Prince of Space"   |