On Mon, 21 May 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> It should be done during the initial encoding process.  There is plenty of
> audio editing software that will do that for you.  Just do it BEFORE the
> lossy MP3 algorithm is applied.

Unfortunately that's not possible so as I thought, I'm SOL once the MP3s
are encoded otherwise they'll sound like crap.

My goal in this was to make a painless procedure so the less knowledgeable
people on my network can make audio CDs from their MP3s and not have to
know anything more than "I put this blank CD here, I move some files here,
and 20 minutes later my CD comes out".  I was hoping there was compression
options in mpg123 that would help me, but I guess not.  Thanks for the
help guys!

-Brian