Keep in mind that converting from MP3 -> WAV -> MP3 is going to dramatically
reduce the quality of the resulting MP3.  Essentially, you're encoding the
audio file with lossy compression, and then compressing it again with lossy
compression.  You're probably going to hear some static or popping sounds in
your resulting file.

Jay