So I'm in the middle of building a brand new box. Being the poor
student that I am, with a wife who is tolerant so long as I don't get
spendy, I'm interested in getting good, high quality, but cheap parts.
Take, for instance, a GeForce2 MX. At Tran, it's $99.99 and at General
Nano, $89.99, last I checked. However, I have found it going for about
$50-$55 (plus $10-$15 s+h) through Pricewatch. That's a savings of
$20-$30 dollars. However, remembering the famous triade (Good, Fast,
Cheap, pick two), I'm wondering if I might be buying a lemon. Some of
them offer one year insurance, which sounds safer, but I would like to
test the collected wisdom of the group for advice.
   Thanks!
   :Peter