On 16 May 2001, Brady Hegberg wrote:

> My Redhat 7.1 machine seems to be having a prob with its SMC Ultra card.
> It worked fine with 6 but now...well the machine can ping itself but it
> can't ping the other machine on the network.  When I try I see the
> lights blink on the hub but nothing gets through...
>
> I see a bunch of these in "dmesg":
>
> NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> eth0: Tx timed out, lost interrupt? TSR=0x3, ISR=0x43, t=101.

I don't know why this would have changed when you upgraded, but I got
similar errors when I tried to install a 3c509b in a Debian system on a
new mahine.  I ended up playing with the BIOS settings for reserved
interrupts and PCI slots and all that fun stuff.  Unfortunately, I can't
be 100% sure that it didn't fix itself, so I don't want to say that's
appropriate, esp. since you say the card used to work in the machine.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous