Greetings,

We fell victim to a faulty (or incompatible) AMI BIOS flash utility
distributed by PC-Chips, now I'm on a crusade to return this obsolete
POS to it's somewhat-operational state.

I don't own any sort of EEPROM programmer. so I'm calling on this
list to see if someone can help defy this company of any twisted
satisfaction by reversing this injustice!

It's a 32-pin AMI BIOS chip (not soldered to the board), this chip may
work or an equivalent is also available from Radio Shack.  It belongs to
a PC-Chips M570 (v1.3) board, of which I have several ROM's that I
believe will suffice (provided the utility/burner works).

Thanks for reading,

-Jay Jarvinen

(for reference)

We're not alone:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:a7f0cefcab475ce2:www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000657.html+chipset/flash+m571&hl=en

A company that could help does exist:

http://www.badflash.com

EEPROM programmers are* available locally (although difficult to find,
at least for me):

AEI Electronic Parts, 224 Washington Av N Minneapolis, MN (612) 338-4754
.. (formerly Acme, now abbreviated) they keep 1 model in stock, ~$250