>Wait, are you talking about the data/address bus, or are you talking about
>the size of the registers?  Better define "efficient use of data" better
>before you argue this one too far, I think.
>
>--
>"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous

I believe that the mips has a 64-bit data bus. I had generally assumed that
the address bus was always twice as wide as the data bus, but that's because
I've only coded assembly on the z80 along with the fact that I'm probably
being a dumbass by thinking like that. Anyway, I digress. As for "efficient
use of data", what I meant by that was that since the data bus allows the
processor to process 64-bit chunks at a time as opposed to 32-bit chunks,
the cpu can handle more data in a given instant. Basically, I was commenting
on the wider bus.

BTW, if any of you know much about the mips and say that the data bus is
only 32 bits wide, and it's the registers that are 64 bits big, please let
me know.