According to the folks at Ars Technica (www.arstechnica.com), this debate
is dead, because there is no such thing as a pure RISC or pure CISC chip
any longer -- both technologies have converged, taken the best of each
design philosophy, to the point where the differences are so slight that
they are far outweighted by the similarities.

Dave

On Thursday 17 May 2001 20:54, thus spake Matt Waters: