Newbie John here with my first question.  Been lurking and learning for
some time now.

When logged in as root, I can mount, read, unmount, and eject the cdrom
OK.  But when as a user all is well until I try to eject the cd.  The mount
command shows the cdrom is unmounted but it won't eject.
Been messing with fstab to get my ZIP drive working,  (it works fine now)
thought maybe I screwed something up in there.
fstab below.

/dev/hda1 /mnt/DOS_hda1 vfat user,exec,conv=binary 0 0
/dev/hdb1 / ext2 defaults 1 1
/dev/hdb5 swap swap defaults 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip vfat noauto,rw,user,nosuid,sync,mode=0777 0 0
/dev/hdc	/mnt/cdrom	iso9660	 user,exec,dev,suid,ro 0 0

Mandrake 7.0
2.2.14 kernel

This list is an awesome resource.  It has been invaluable to me for setting
up, using, and learning Linux.  I also hope it's not categorized by user
level.

Thank You,
John Goerg