Hi,

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Al Borchers wrote:

> Open SSH does X and port forwarding; I've never tried this with Cygwin ssh,
> though.

Works just like any ol' OpenSSH (ssh -X). Of course you need an X server
on Windows. Cygwin _does_ have xfree (it's a seperate downl;oad) but it's
slower than hell and doesn't seem to work right on WinME.

> Now I just need to take the time to really get Cygwin configured--anyone
> know how to set up /etc/hosts on Cygwin?  It does not seem to read it.

I think you need to update Windows' HOSTS.TXT or whatever the hell it is
today.

> Do I need to use some Windows mechanism to map hostnames to IP addresses?

Oh, yeah. Search for HOSTS.*, I forgot what it is.

-Yaron