On Tue, 15 May 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:

> As long as your going that far...
> Why not just set up a VPN?  FreeSWAN/PoPToP would be really cool.
> Windoze --> Firewall w/ FreeSWAN --> Mail Server ( linux of course w/
> FreeSWAN )
> Should be incredibly secure. : )
> Or....
> Windoze w/ Free PPTP client --> Mail server w/ PoPToP ( also linux )
> All this of course depends on wether you control your own mail server.
> :-)
>
> sim

Ok, which brings me to a question that's been lingering in my mind
lately.  Why not roll your own VPN solution using SSH?  From the looks of
it, SSH has all the components you'd need to establish an encrypted tunnel
and export your X sessions and stuff.  Anyway, that's just my
thought.  I'm still a newbie to VPN, so maybe I'm missing something
entirely.

-Brian