I really don't want to start a religious war or anything.  It just boils
down to semantics.  He means something *very* specific when he talks about
an architecture, you haven't used it that way yet, and (unfortunately) I
understand it but not well enough to explain it while I'm troubleshooting
something else right now.

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Ben Kochie wrote:

> I think what your dad is talking about, is the same ideals that MS is
> pushing.

You take that back! <g>  (It's not true, either, but I don't think either
of us care enough about it to waste the keystrokes on it.

> the oldest alpha system I've worked on was the Jensen, or DecPC 150.
> over the years, they have gone through a lot of changes, and each
> time, they throw in a bunch of architectural changes that have been
> good, and kludgy.

No, the alpha architecture hasn't changed that much, according to what
I've seen.  You may know better.  Features and implementation take place
in the *context* of an architecture.  It smells like you're talking about
the former.

> (in my opinion) no single system type is perfect, just like no OS is
> perfect

True enough.  We can discuss the relative merits and pitfalls of them at
the next beer thang. :)

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous