On Tue, 15 May 2001, Mike Hicks wrote:

> I'm looking for a good way to keep watch over the temperature in the
> server room at work..  I know that there are a number of temperature
> probes and stuff out there, but I haven't ever seen any of them in
> operation.  Preferably, I'd just like something that I can plug into a
> parallel port or something, and that doesn't require me soldering parts
> together (my soldering skillz aren't that great ;-)

You should talk to Carl.  He found a little thing to build, but it turns
out they have demo boards available prefab.  Don't know what they cost,
prolly win drivers, but it would be worthwhile to ask if they have Unix,
or if they'd give you the source (maybe in return to porting to Unix for
them...)

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous