Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome at real-time.com> writes:

> > You can also use TeraTERM with the teraterm SSH extension.  You can get Tera
> > TERM at http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html and the SSH
> > extension at http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html . I used this combo all
> > the time.
>
> if teraterm supports SSH tunneling, how hard would it be to make puTTY
> support it? for general use, puTTY beats the crap out of every other Windows
> SSH client I've seen; free or commercial.

Huh; I find it considerably inferior to FreeCRT, myself.  (Putty, that
is).  Putty is still darned useful, especially the fact that it's a
single .exe that takes no installation.  Many sysadmins don't lock
down the system so carefully that I can't run putty off a floppy or CD :-).
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/